Our EVP means the world to us.
Why? Because we are nothing without our people, our team, and our culture.
What is an EVP?
An employee value proposition (EVP) is the unique set of benefits and rewards that an organisation offers its employees in exchange for their skills, abilities, and commitment. It is essentially the “value” that an employee receives in exchange for working at a company. An effective EVP is important for businesses for several reasons:
- Attracting and retaining top talent: A strong EVP can help attract top talent to your organisation and retain existing employees. In a competitive job market, employees are looking for more than just a paycheck. They want to work for an organisation that offers a compelling value proposition, including benefits, career growth opportunities, and a positive work environment.
- Aligning employee goals with business goals: A well-crafted EVP can help align employee goals with business goals. When employees feel that they are valued and that their contributions are making a difference, they are more likely to be engaged and motivated to work towards achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Enhancing employee engagement and productivity: A strong EVP can also enhance employee engagement and productivity. When employees are satisfied with their work environment and feel that their contributions are valued, they are more likely to be productive, motivated, and committed to achieving their goals.
- Improving organisational culture: A well-crafted EVP can help improve organisational culture by promoting a positive work environment that fosters teamwork, innovation, and continuous learning. This, in turn, can help create a more cohesive and productive workplace.
- Reducing turnover costs: By offering a compelling EVP, businesses can reduce employee turnover, which can be costly in terms of lost productivity, recruitment costs, and training expenses.
Summing up Momentum’s EVP is important to us because it can help attract and retain our amazing people, align employee goals with our business goals, enhance employee engagement and productivity, improve organisational culture, and reduce turnover costs. By crafting our very own unique and compelling EVP, we hope to set ourselves apart from our competitors and create a more engaged and motivated workforce.
After several workshops and discussions we think we have nailed it.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at Momentum here.