In July we’re often implementing the new plans, budgets, targets that we planned during the budgeting process (normally May).
From a business point of view that might require various changes including:-
- People – restructuring teams, introducing or changing KPI’s, new people
- Processes – new or refined processes and documentation
- Sales & Marketing – executing new Marketing Plans and tactics
- Operations – delivering on the new business plan
From a software point of view that might mean the following:-
- People – use of HR software to manage people, changes, recruitment. Tailored reports to manage KPI’s.
- Processes – system menu’s & security are optimised to make processes easy to follow, and ensure appropriate access.
- Sales & Marketing – ideally everything from marketing campaigns, new customers, quotes, sales, jobs is managed in one system.
- Operations – ideally everything is managed in one system. Key reports especially actuals to budget are produced from the system.
A weekly Management and/or Staff update on progress can then be issued and can take minutes, not hours to prepare if your software is working for you.