(or where is your business?)
It’s time to face the facts. Cloud is here and it isn’t going away. It is not a passing fad. But if you’re still confused as to what Cloud means then keep reading.
Cloud is a digital service that allows users to access their important data and programs anywhere where there is an internet connection. Without the internet there is no cloud. Broadband internet and mobile technology have made cloud computing possible.
There are many benefits to business for using cloud. From storing and backing up your company data, running software apps and simplifying how that information is shared.
Cloud computing is an over arching term for various cloud services such as:
- Cloud hosting: this solution facilitates various types of information sharing, such as application hosting, data storage and email services.
- SaaS (Software as a Service): SaaS systems use the internet to provide a service. Examples are Microsoft o365 various Google apps, online accounting and financial solutions, salesforce and so on. SaaS systems may also be called platform as a service.
- Cloud storage and backup: these services store and back up your data for regular access. Files can be easily shared and synced across devices for easy access. This is designed to be a failsafe solution to protect your business from a cyber attach or other data loss.
A cloud solution can handle many various business tasks.
That is the what, below is the way! If you’re considering moving your business to the cloud you’ll want to know the benefits. In no particular order.
- Easy access to data from anywhere at anytime. Yes literally access it from anywhere. All you need is an internet connection and you can access your data from the comfort of your own lounge chair. As the data is not on a computer or a server, but in cloud storage your information is storied in a web-based hub that gives anyone access if they have the credentials.
- Up to date data! Since cloud hosted data exists in a central location, it is automatically synced between all devices which means people are always able to access the most up to date version at all times.
- Cost efficient! No more buying and maintaining expensive IT hardware. Servers can be prone to downtime, require maintenance, upgrades, IT staff and so on. Whilst cloud solutions are a monthly subscription it is manageable and predictable.
If you are thinking of moving your business management software to the cloud, talk to us.